MAX 3 – Armoured Personnel Carrier
The MAX 3 was developed by SVI to give security forces the required equipment to deal with violent crime, terrorism, violent demonstrations and regional conflicts. The construction of the multi-role vehicle provides a minimum protection level of EN1063 BR6 (assault rifles) with additional protection against anti-personnel grenades. The MAX 3 is furthermore upgradeable to BR7.
The vehicle is available in various body configurations, including single cab, double cab and an 8-seater personnel carrier called the Troopy. We also offer the option of a third axle (creating the MAX 3 Six-Wheeler) to boost the Gross Vehicle Mass to 5 500 kg, opening the door to numerous military and security applications, including the fitment of various weapon systems, cargo-carrying options and even field ambulance concepts.
The MAX 3 is based on a standard Land Cruiser 79 chassis with the following benefits:
- Lower purchase price than custom-designed chassis
- Proven reliability (using standard powertrain)
- Spares availability
- No special driver’s licences required for most variants
- Easy upgrades by replacing the donor vehicle
- Commonly available driveline that can be easily maintained
- Servicing can be carried out by local Toyota agents if required
The MAX 3 hull replaces the standard Land Cruiser body and is manufactured from the highest quality ballistic materials to give optimal ballistic and blast protection.